Each individual employee is a critical member of our team. We know that by taking care of our employees with a good safety system, great pay, excellent benefits, and a true sense of belonging that they will take care of our customers. All of our employees are encouraged to challenge the status quo and work passionately to make us a better organization. We know that by balancing the human and technical aspects of our roles, we can optimize our ability to solve our customer’s problems and have fun doing so. Check below for any current openings and stay up-to-date by following us on LinkedIn and Facebook
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the button below:
Position: Extra Hand
Job Grade : Union Position Non Exempt
Summary: The overall responsibility is to fill in on all lower classified jobs as needed. Employee will train for the following positions: Third Hand, 1st Beater Helper, Warehouse and Tape Operator (if needed). Responsible for following all environmental health and safety rules.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Able to work safely after receiving extensive safety training in all OSHA required subjects that relate to a manufacturing environment.
- Keeps all areas of the mill and warehouse clean.
- Operates the baler safely as needed.
- Operates a fork truck moving bales, dyes and chemicals as needed.
- Fills out the daily checklist for lift trucks.
- Operates the warehouse elevator.
- Able to operate the core cutter and notcher.
- Able to work alone without constant supervision.
- Cleans and hoses up stock spills.
- Winds up hoses when done.
- Able to lock out equipment per instructions and use the confined space program accordingly.
- Assists other workers, and performs other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Rate of Pay: $16.49-18.08 per hour – second shift additional $0.60/hr, third shift $0.65/hr
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K match – 1 to 1 up to 6%, Holiday pay and vacation are available in the first year.
Job Title: PROCESS OPTIMIZATION AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Employer: Specialty Paper manufacturing company where we are simultaneously improving our capabilities and capacity. We need a team player to help drive new products for growth and build our teams overall strength. We have unique products in the packaging and converting sectors.
Essential Functions of the Job: Hands on creative individual who has experience optimizing asset efficiency by working with all stakeholders and creating new capabilities in our mill.
- Embrace Safety as a value in all activities.
- High Energy team player who leaves their EGO at the door.
- Sense of humor essential
- Listening skills a must
- Candor and tenacity required
- Works independently on highly complex assignments or forms project teams as needed depending on the project scope.
- Off machine coater optimization and trials
- Stock prep efficiency and capacity
- Paper machine improvements
- Product development ideation to commercialization
- Creative problem solver who engages all human resources available along with data and theory to arrive at the best solution.
- Trained in Manufacturing Excellence and the application of continuous improvement techniques.
- Coordinate efforts with vendors to implement new technologies, reliability improvements, production optimization and equipment operation.
- Develop new procedures with all stakeholder input to facilitate proper process or equipment operation after modification or upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This role is an individual contributor in a flat organization and the successful candidate will be wearing many hats.
Additional Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related discipline and 4+ years of experience is required.
Ivex Specialty Paper LLC is a 108-year-old Specialty Paper Company located in Peoria Illinois. We service the packaging and paper converting industry with value added products and service. See IVEXSP.COM