Each individual employee is a critical member of our team. We know that by taking care of our employees with a good safety system, great pay, excellent benefits, and a true sense of belonging that they will take care of our customers. All of our employees are encouraged to challenge the status quo and work passionately to make us a better organization. We know that by balancing the human and technical aspects of our roles, we can optimize our ability to solve our customer’s problems and have fun doing so. Check below for any current openings and stay up-to-date by following us on LinkedIn and Facebook
Please submit your resume to
Current Opening: Listed 9/16/2018
Job Title: Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Essential Functions of the Job: Hands on creative individual who has experience finding and adapting equipment to lengthen the life of assets and create new capabilities in our mill.
- Manages the Safe Work Plan program and provides updates/training to the program on an annual basis as needed.
- Trained in public relations/media interface and emergency response in order to represent the mill during a crisis if the Mill Manager is not available.
- Member of the Joint Safety Committee and participates in the implementation of safety process, procedural, or physical/equipment changes to improve safety and environmental compliance.
- Lead by example and encourage employee’s adherence to the mill safety and environmental policies.
- Provide coverage for Mill Manager during vacations and business related travel including related reporting, purchase approval, and staff meetings.
- Support the HR department during recruitment, interviews, selection, employee mediation/intervention and crisis management.
- Manages Facility Capital and Major Repair and Maintenance budgets and tracks expenditures/progress.
- Coordinates all work within the scope of Capital or Major Repair and Maintenance projects and ensures that objectives are met in an optimum manner and with maximum financial efficiency.
- Develop designs and conduct engineering for complex projects.
- Coordination with contracted engineers and construction supervisors and crews.
- Works independently on highly complex assignments or forms project teams as needed depending on the project scope.
- Complex projects involve senior management working relationships to ensure business goals and strategies are met.
- Manages the mill drawing system and the addition of assets.
- Executes major repairs and upgrades for mill infrastructure, air, water, gas, chemical and fire systems.
- Assist Maintenance department on complex or difficult repairs requiring Engineering or design support.
- Trained in Manufacturing Excellence and the application of continuous improvement techniques.
- Provide Engineering support for all Mill Departments to optimize performance, increase production efficiency, improve product quality, improve environmental compliance margins, and increase process and equipment reliability. Support all Mill Departments in troubleshooting acute and chronic process issues.
- Use Engineering skills to identify root causes of failures (RCFA) and design and implement solutions, including process design changes.
- Coordinate efforts with vendors to implement new technologies, reliability improvements, production optimization and equipment operation.
- Develop new procedures to facilitate proper process or equipment operation after modification or upgrades.
- Provide initial training to mill supervisors (train the trainer) on various safety, process and equipment topics.
- Use various software programs and production databases to document and determine effective process operation and timing of equipment maintenance/upgrades.
- Execute mill, departmental and personal projects and initiatives to improve safety, reduce costs, minimize waste and improve performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises Exempt and Non-exempt individuals in the Engineering and Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Additional Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related discipline and 4+ years of experience is required.